To help you prepare for your studies at Centrale Lyon, we have listed some expenses you will face. Please note that these costs are indicative only.
Costs at the start of the 2020-2021 academic year
Start of term
Tuition fees and CVEC (obligatory)
International students in exchange agreement 1
See home institution
Student engineers from outside the enlarged EEA or who were not registered in French higher education or a language centre in 2018-2019.
|€3,770||€0 or 2,500|
See home institution
|Gap year or multiple registrations||See|
|Master, Digital Lab or DESECL||Visit the Admission and enrolment – Master’s degrees page and the price schedule.|
|Student and Campus Life Contribution (CVEC)||€100||€0||€100|
1 Only applies to international engineering students on double degree programme, admitted by the CEU and under an exchange agreement between École Centrale de Lyon and their home university.
The enlarged European Economic Area (EEA) comprises the EU Member States, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Andorra, Switzerland and Quebec.
For more information and to find out what supporting documents you need to provide, download the information sheets in the right-hand column.
Student activities (by activity)
|No-scholarship and scholarship|
|Membership of the Centrale Lyon Students Association (AEECL) for 3 years at Centrale Lyon 2019-2020|
|Membership of USE ECL (sports association) 2019-2020||€90|
|Lifetime membership of the Association des Centraliens de Lyon||€1800|
Integration Weekend (WEI) registration 2019-2020
Photocopying costs (estimate) 2
2 Printing services offered by the Class Service (SDEC) of the École Centrale de Lyon Students’ Association (AEECL). The amount is an estimate of the average student’s requirement during their studies at the institute.
The amounts indicated in this table are given for information only and may vary by a few euros.
Daily life at school (as required)
Rate excluding subsidies
Accommodation (per month) 3
|Centrale Lyon residence||€345|
University restaurant (per meal) - rates valid until 01/08/21
|Laundry (per wash)||€2.20|
|Transport: TCL student ticket||€1.51|
3 Does not include deposit or optional expenses.
Financial assistance and funds
École Centrale de Lyon offers all its students a service to help them with their studies.
- Direct financial assistance from the School on application: exemption from all or part of tuition fees; one-off financial assistance.
- Small paid jobs available on campus: computer support, library support, sports facilities duty, restaurant service, student tutoring, etc.
- Offers of short courses centralised by the BDE.
- The Friends of École Centrale de Lyon association offers occasional financial assistance.
- Very attractive loans from partner banks: through the Article 1 operation and the partnerships developed by the Student Office. Don't hesitate to contact the BDE if you have any questions about borrowing.
Procedures open to all
- Scholarships: link to the CROUS Lyon website.
- Housing assistance offered by the CAF (link to website here).
- CROUS offers a free guarantor scheme called Visale. This assistance enables rentals to secure future rent and rental charges free of charge.
- Assistance for students on work-linked training: Mobili jeune (for under-30s on work-linked training schemes in private-sector, non-agricultural companies).