To help you prepare for your studies at Centrale Lyon, we have listed some expenses you will face. Please note that these costs are indicative only.
Costs at the start of the 2020-2021 academic year
Start of term
Tuition fees and CVEC (obligatory)
|Description||Non-grant holder||Grant holder|
Double-degree international students1
Engineering students enrolled since 2018-2019 2
Consult home university
Engineering students enrolled since before 2018-20192
|€601||€0||Consult home university|
|Engineering students outside enlarged EEA not enrolled in a French higher education institute or language centre in 2018-2019||€3,770||€2,500||Consult home university|
|Master’s or Digital Lab course students||Visit the Admission and enrolment – Master’s degrees page and the price schedule.|
|Student and Campus Life Contribution (CVEC)||€92||€0||€92|
1 Only applies to international engineering students on double degree programme, admitted by the CEU and under an exchange agreement between École Centrale de Lyon and their home university.
2 Applies to French students and students from countries in or outside the enlarged EEA, enrolled in a French higher education institute or language centre in 2018-2019.
The enlarged European Economic Area (EEA) comprises the EU Member States, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Andorra, Switzerland and Quebec.
For more information and for a list of the supporting documentation to provide, download the information forms from the column on the right.
Student activities (depending on activities taken)
|Description||Grant holder and non-grant holder|
|Centrale Lyon Students’ Association Membership (AEECL) for the 3 years at the institute 2019-2020|
|Membership to the ECL USE (student sports union) 2019-2020||€90|
|Admission to the Week-End Integration (WEI) 2019-2020||€140|
|Photocopying costs (estimate) 3||€125|
Lifetime membership to the Centrale Lyon Alumni Association
3 Printing services offered by the Class Service (SDEC) of the École Centrale de Lyon Students’ Association (AEECL). The amount is an estimate of the average student’s requirement during their studies at the institute.
The amounts stated in the table are indicative and may change.
Daily life at Centrale Lyon (according to needs)
|Description||Cost excl. aid|
Accommodation (per month) 4
|Centrale Lyon residence||€345|
|University restaurant (per meal) - price valid until 01/08/20||€3.25|
|Laundry (per wash)||€2.20|
|Transport: student TCL ticket||€1.51|
4 Does not include deposit or optional expenses.
Financial aid and resources
École Centrale de Lyon provides all students with its support in navigating through the various procedures.
- Direct financial aid from Centrale Lyon on application: exemption from all or part of the enrolment fees; one-off financial aid.
- Paid jobs offered on campus: computer assistance, library assistance, sports facility attendant, work in the university restaurant, student tutoring, etc.
- Offers for grinds centralised by the Students’ Bureau (BDE).
- The Friends of École Centrale de Lyon association offers one-off financial aid.
- Attractive loans are available from partner banks: through Article 1 and partnerships established by the Students’ Bureau. If you have an enquiry about a loan, the BDE will be pleased to help.
Options open to all
- Grants/scholarships: link to the CROUS Lyon website.
- Housing assistance offered by the CAF (link to website here).
- CROUS offers a free guarantor scheme called Visale. This assistance allows the tenant to provide assurance on the future payment of rent and charges.
- Aid for students on block-release: Mobili jeune (for under 30s on block-release training as part of employment in the non-agricultural private sector).