New school year FAQ

3 results

  • Do international students have to pay the CVEC?

    • International students are liable to pay the CVEC under the same conditions as French students.

      However, Article L. 841-5 of the French Education Code stipulates that ‘students who hold refugee or subsidiary protection status or who are registered as an asylum seeker with the relevant authority and holding a right to remain in the country under the conditions set out in Articles L. 742-1 and L. 743-1 of the Entry and Residence of Foreigners and Right of Asylum Code shall also be exempt.’

      Furthermore, international students who come as part of an exchange programme are exempt for the 2020-2021 academic year. This does not apply in the case of a second enrolment in a master’s programme unless part of an exchange programme.

      See also ‘Which students are exempt from paying the CVEC?

  • I have not received my visa. Can I get a refund for the CVEC?

    • Yes, provided that, in the end, you are not enrolled in any initial education at a higher education institute. 

  • I receive a grant from Campus France. Do I have to pay the CVEC?

    • I receive a grant from Campus France. Do I have to pay the CVEC? No. You are exempt from paying the CVEC because you fall into one of the exemption categories set out in Article L. 841-5 of the Education Code (recipients of grants awarded under student aid schemes mentioned in Article L.821-1 of said code). However, you must perform the steps on the CVEC website to obtain your CVEC certificate. If you are enrolling as part of an international exchange programme, you do not have to do anything.

Did you read the FAQ but couldn’t find an answer to your question in the list? Send your question to us using the contact form at the right. Remember, your message will be processed faster if you use the right contact information!