- Hold a Master’s degree (foreign degrees are examined by the doctoral schools to determine whether they are equivalent to a master’s).
- Be accepted by a researcher who is authorised to supervise research (HDR) in a research unit of École Centrale de Lyon.
- Be in receipt of research funding for a period of three years.
Admission to the first year of doctoral studies at École Centrale de Lyon must be approved by the thesis supervisors, the laboratory and the doctoral school linked to the laboratory.
Following a favourable decision of the doctoral school’s director, the principal of École Centrale de Lyon will decide on admission to the first year.
Admission to a doctorate programme for any doctoral student of the Université de Lyon comprises two stages: a pedagogical enrolment to the doctoral school and an administrative enrolment to the affiliated institute. Enrolment will be required every subsequent year.
Enrolment in the doctoral school is through the Doctoral Schools’ Information and Management System (SIGED). To obtain the login details for entering SIGED (or any other information), please contact the secretariat of the doctoral school:
- Secretariat of MEGA and EDML doctoral schools.
- Secretariat of EEA doctoral school.
- Secretariat of Infomaths doctoral school.
The thesis commission of École Centrale de Lyon examines all SIGED applications approved by the doctoral school. Students are informed by email whether the thesis commission has approved their application and, where relevant, how to carry out administrative enrolment at École Centrale de Lyon.
Enrolment must be carried out every year according to the schedule set by École Centrale de Lyon’s Student Affairs Office. Enrolment to a 4th or subsequent year is not possible without receiving a dispensation from the principal of École Centrale de Lyon.
Doctoral students who are already enrolled at the institute can obtain more detailed information about re-enrolment on the Intranet (see the thesis charter).