Paul Comparat residence

Vue extérieure de la Résidence Paul Comparat

École Centrale de Lyon manages the Paul Comparat residence which has 403 rooms with a floor space of 13 m².

Priority is given to first-year students of École Centrale de Lyon. For other students and external students, there are generally a certain number of rooms available during the year. If you want to rent a room for a short period, please contact us.


  • Chambre de la Résidence Paul Comparat
    All rooms are furnished (bed, desk, side table, bedside table, wardrobe, shelves) and equipped with a shower cubicle and toilet.
  • Bed linen is supplied (duvet with cover and sheets) and changed free-of-charge every four weeks.
  • The student is responsible for keeping their room tidy. The cleaning service takes care of the common areas.


  • Cuisine Résidence Paul Comparat
    Each floor has a common room (except the ground floor) equipped with two refrigerators, a microwave and four electric hobs. Crockery is not provided.
  • Two buildings have washing machines operated by bank card on their ground floors.
  • Secure bike sheds are available.
  • The residence has a daily equipment rental service available 24/7. It allows you to rent by the hour (about 1€/hour) a wide range of equipment such as: hoover, mini-oven, iron, kitchen appliances, pancake/raclette/waffles machines, video projector...

Recycling and waste sorting

Logo recyclage

In line with the institute’s environmental policy, the rooms are furnished with recycling bins for domestic packaging. When full, these should be emptied into the proper waste containers placed on each floor. Extra waste containers can be found at the ground floor of each building.

For larger boxes, specific containers are available near the ground floor of each building.

Cost (2021-22 prices)


Rent is billed at the start of each month. Under Centrale Lyon’s internal regulation, a €500 security deposit is charged at the time the student collects the keys to their room. This amount must be paid during September.

Students can apply for a housing allowance from the Family Allowance Fund (CAF).