École Centrale de Lyon has two on-campus student halls.
First-year students take priority in the distribution of on-campus rooms and studios.
For 2nd and 3rd years, priority is given to students with scholarships and grants and to international students coming to study at the institute as part of an exchange programme.
Paul Comparat residence
This residence contains 403 individual student rooms measuring 13 m² each. It is managed by École Centrale de Lyon. The rooms are reserved for students of the graduate school but rooms are often available for renting by external students.
Paul-Emile Victor residence
This is a private residence managed by ADOMA; it contains 240 studios measuring from 18 to 30 m².
Student residences, university housing
- LyonCampus: Lyon Metropolitan Area’s website offering student services in greater Lyon.
- CROUS: CROUS manages university residences and presents accommodation offers on its website.
- CLLAJ: the Local Committee for Independent Youth Housing attached to the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes Region offers free-to-download forms and templates (lease, security deposit, inventories, notice).
- CRIJ: the Regional Youth Information Centre displays available accommodation throughout the year.
- During the year, the Paul Comparat residence may have vacancies on short-term contracts for non-students. Feel free to get in touch.
- www.lyon-france.com (addresses of apartment hotels)
- immo.trovit.fr (renting and sharing)
- www.appartager.com (sharing)
- www.recherche-colocation.com (sharing)
To help students cover their rent, the Family Allowance Fund (CAF) offers financial aid for accommodation. These allowances are means-tested and based on the characteristics of your housing. International students can also apply.
*Please note that the above websites are provided for information purposes only and are completely independent of École Centrale de Lyon. Centrale Lyon will not, under any circumstances, be held liable for the use of those websites.