What do students from EU/EEA Member States or from Switzerland have to do with regard to health insurance?

Students who are nationals of an EU/EEA Member State or of Switzerland must have a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) before coming to France. In this case, they must apply for it through the relevant channels.