Understanding the contemporary economic world as an interlocking set of crises:
- Understanding the dysfunction of capital and labour markets.
- Understanding the global crisis of inequality.
- Understanding the global crisis of ecosystems.
Capitalism; Crises; Growth instability; Secular stagnation; Financial instability; Unemployment; Inequality; Globalisation; Innovations; Negative externalities; Carbon prices; Regulation; Pollution rights market.
Three main parts:
- Crises of capitalism: capital and labour markets in turmoil
- Crisis of globalisation and inequality
- Global crisis of ecosystems: markets for pollution rights, carbon tax, research subsidies
- C2I3 Thinking and acting in an unpredictable and uncertain environment.
- C5N2 Making sense.
Literature review with questions.