We will present basic numerical methods useful for engineering. Applications are given, which motivate the development of such methods, together with a systematic analysis of the accuracy.
Approximation, linear systems, numerical integration, differential equations, optimisation.
- Linear systems, eigenvalues.
- Optimization, non-linear equation.
- Interpolation, numerical integration.
- Numerical approximation of ordinary differential equations.
- Discretization of linear partial differential equations.
- Identify the procedure of numerical simulation.
- Make a choice between different methods.
- Implement simple algorithms with Matlab.
- Combine several numerical methods.
valuation = 75% knowledge + 25% know-how (Knowledge = 100% final exam and know-how = 100% continuous assessment).