Within the framework of general mechanics and structural mechanics, the course constitutes an introduction to vibration mechanics and an opening towards non-linear phenomena and the stability of mechanical systems.
Vibrations, discrete / continuous systems, damping, modal synthesis, non-linear systems
- Discrete Systems Program : Vibration response of systems. Insulation and damping of systems. Modal synthesis.
- Continuous systems : Calculation of beam modes. Building discrete models. Application of the finite element method.
- Non-linear systems.
- Stability of mechanical systems.
- To know how to put into equations a mechanical system within the framework of small movements.
- Know how to calculate normal eigenmodes and use them in modal synthesis.
- Understand the major approximation methods, in particular the finite elements method.
- Know how to take into account non-linearities in vibratory mechanics.
Score = 50% knowledge + 50% know-how Knowledge score = 100% terminal exam Know-how score = 100% continuous assessment