The human body is an extraordinary complex dynamic system, whose physical modeling is essentialy multidisciplinary. A large number of regulatory process aim at constantly monitoring the internal environement of the body, what is referred to as the homeostasis. In this course, physical modeling of human biologogical systems are presented. Some current applications in bioengineering (artificial heart, medical robotics and imaging) are introduced.
- Modeling of biological human systems 1.1 Mechanical models:
- the neuro-musculoskeletal system strength of materials, rigid and flexible multibody systems, biomaterials. 1.2 Multiphysics models:
- cardiovascular system heart mechanics, circulation, network analysis, articial heart.
- Medical robotics
- Medical imaging inverse problems, non-destructive testing, ultrasounds, X-rays, MRI.
- Simulation of the motion with a multibody model
- Signal processing for an electrocardiogram
- Oral presentation and report on a research article.