The knowledge of the problems in the field of microwaves becomes unavoidable with the explosion of telecommunications, IOT, RFID, wireless power transfer and more generally the development of electronic applications for higher and higher frequencies. The objective of this course is to introduce basic concepts useful in the analysis and design of circuits and microwave devices. The concepts discussed in this course will include understanding a telecommunications system as a whole from the electronic circuit to the transmission of waves. Application related to the course: telecommunications, RADAR, wireless energy transmission, ...
Radio frequencies, microwaves, antennas, adaptation, S parameters, waveguide, resonant cavity, filters.
- Microwave circuits
- Transmission lines, equation of the telegraphists, microstrip line, waveguide.
- Impedance matching, S Parameters.
- Passive circuits, filter design, directional couplers.
- Electromagnetic devices in microwaves
- Resonant cavities, dielectric resonators.
- Antennas, radiation pattern, gain, antenna network, power transfer evaluation in telecommunications and radar TP: complete study of a microwave: operation of the magnetron, waveguide, resonant cavity, measurement of emission using dipole antenna, ...
- Master the concepts and methods of adaptation of impedances allowing the optimization of the power transfer between two systems.
- Use S parameters : transmission and reflection between two systems.
- Dimension of a waveguide and a microstrip line
- Design a filter
Final mark = 50% knoledge + 50% know-how Knoledge = 100% final examen Know-how = 100% continuous assessment