Registration to "Contribution Vie Étudiante et de Campus (CVEC)"

In order to enrol in a French higher education institution, you will need to provide proof that you have paid the Contribution Vie Étudiante et de Campus (CVEC) or that you are exempt from it. This contribution is intended to support preventive and health education activities, to promote the reception and social, health, cultural and sporting support of students.

This fee is payable only once a year, even if you are enrolled in several higher education institutions.

Registration on the CVEC website

The first step is to create a student account. You can keep it for several years if necessary.

You must create this account if you are registering for at least one of the following courses

  •  Engineer in initial training or apprenticeship,
  •  Master's degree,
  •  PhD,
  •  DESECL,
  •  Digital Lab,
  •  C-PROMI or CCPMI.

International students coming as part of an international exchange are not concerned by this procedure. However, this procedure becomes compulsory if you decide to register for another course outside the exchange agreement.

To register, log on to If you do not yet have an account on the dedicated website, you will need to register:

  • your National Student Identifier (INE) number if you are already registered in French higher education,
  • a scan of your identity document,
  • a certificate of honour for foreign students arriving in France.
  • a proof of scholarship if it allows you an exemption.

You must then declare your city of study.

How much does the CVEC cost?

Once you have registered, you can pay the contribution if you owe it.

The cost of paying the CVEC is €95. You can pay online by credit card or in cash at a post office. As soon as the payment is registered, the CROUS will send you the payment certificate.

We strongly recommend that you pay online, which will enable you to be registered much more quickly.

Exemptions exist for scholarship holders in French higher education, refugees benefiting from subsidiary protection or asylum seekers benefiting from the right to remain on the territory.

A certificate of exemption will be sent to you. If you do not yet have your certificate of exemption, payment will be required but a refund will be possible.

In any case, the certificate obtained will be required for your enrolment at the École Centrale de Lyon.

Find the FAQ to understand everything about the CVEC.