École Centrale de Lyon is a scientific, cultural and professional public establishment (EPCSCP).
The institute is led by a principal supported by a management team. Its organisation is divided into departments that are responsible for achieving synergy between the two key missions of the institute: education and research. The six departments coordinate the actions of research units and teaching units.
Centrale Lyon is supervised by a Senate that is assisted by a Studies Council and a Scientific Council. These three bodies comprise members who represent all categories of people at the institute, as well as external members from institutions and industries.
- Principal: Frank Debouck
- Services director: Françoise Taillebot
- Major projects: Denis Jeandel
- Accounting officer, finance department: Valérie Demule
- Director of studies: Grégory Vial
- Director of research: Jean-Pierre Bertoglio
- International relations director: Richard Perkins
- Business relations and development director: Mohamed Ichchou
- Communications director: Béatrice Traverse
- Health and safety engineer: Carole Bernard
- Library manager: Clarisse Marandin
- Strategic development project manager: Stéphanie Lanson
- Chair: Christian Mari
- Vice-chair: Jacques Maigné