École Centrale de Lyon strives to offer a sustainable, cutting-edge and exemplary eco-campus to its students, faculty members and partners.
In its constant transformation, Centrale Lyon is executing major projects based on eight central principles:
- Modularity, to quickly respond to needs in new research facilities and new teaching practices.
- Resource sharing, to foster interdisciplinary studies and diversification of research activities.
- Versatility, to enhance synergies between research, teaching and business.
- Optimisation, to encourage testing of new teaching practices and exchanges with other campuses, research laboratories and economic partners, while leveraging digital tools.
- Illustrative of how facilities can be used for the education of students and of the public at large.
- Openness of spaces to ECL’s partners, businesses, public bodies and the community, with the aim of disseminating knowledge and development of collaborative and participative research for the benefit of the country.
- Fellowship, to facilitate hospitality to ECL’s stakeholders and encourage exchanges.
- Emblematic of what sustainable development can be.
Browse the side menu to discover the major projects under way.