1857: Foundation of "École Centrale lyonnaise pour l’Industrie et le Commerce", at the initiative of François Barthélemy Arlès-Dufour, Lyonnais businessman and humanist, and of Désiré Girardon, teacher at The Martinière School, who dreamed of "taking the best students of the Martinière and teaching them chemistry, industrial mechanics, civil construction and industrial drawing". The School was originally located at the corner of Rue d'Enghien (the future Rue Vauban) and Cours de Bourbon (the future Quai Castellane, then Quai Général-Sarrail).
3 November 1857: Opening of the School with 14 students, who together made up the very first graduating class, the class of 1860.
2007: The Intergroupe becomes the "Groupe des Ecoles Centrales" with Lille, Lyon, Marseille, Nantes et Paris. 150th anniversary of the School and 40th year of situation on the Ecully campus. Creation of the History website of the School to commemorate the occasion.