The MSc in Acoustics of Lyon is a two-year graduate program offered by the Université de Lyon, in the framework of the Centre Lyonnais d'Acoustique, an alliance of the main research teams working in acoustics in Lyon. The program is coordinated by the Ecole Centrale de Lyon and Polytech'Lyon (the engineering school of the Université Lyon 1), in collaboration with the Insa de Lyon and the ENTPE.
The objective of the MSc in Acoustics of Lyon, is to train engineers and scientists for the industry and research laboratories in an international context. After completion of the MSc program, the graduated student is able to tackle acoustic topics encountered in the industry and more specifically, to address research & development issues.
To reach this goal, the program is not only based on a thorough training in various fields of acoustics, but also provides a background in Mechanics, an insight into the industrial context as well as skills in scientific communication. In particular students are given the opportunity to improve their level in English and/or another foreign language but also to learn French.
The MSc program offers many professional perspectives, among them:
- R&D departments of and large companies in the fields of transportation, energy, building and health,
- Consulting for small and medium enterprise in acoustics, vibrations, aeroacoustics or medical systems,
- PhD studies towards an academic or industrial research career.
To learn more about this Master's, please visit the website master-acoustics.ec-lyon.fr/index.php
Application for the academic year 2020-2021
First recruitment session open from December 16th 2019 to February 14th2020.
Although there will be a second application session from March 16th to April 30th, 2020, we recommend strongly that you apply to this first session to help you with the visa process.
Please be ready with:
- Cover letter
- Copy of your Passport/ID Card
- ID picture
- Academic reference letter(s) from a head professor and based on the last year of university
- Jobs supervisor reference letter(s) if you're not currently a student
- Transcripts of records of current year (bachelor or master) and all previous years of university
- Copy of the last degree awarded
- B2 intermediate advanced level English language certificate (minimum level IELTS 5.0, TOIEC 400, EFSET 51, TOEFL IBT 72, Cambridge FCE, CECR B2, ILR 2, ACTFL Avancé moyen, CLB 7, TOEIC 605) or at least 3 years of education in English
In view of the exceptional situation related to the Covid-19 outbreak, candidates who do not have all the required documents may still apply. In this case, please submit any old or unofficial documents that you have, such as grades from your first semester, as well as an explanation as to why your documents are delayed, such as the closure of facilities, postponements of exams, etc....