The objective of this course is to present the electromagnetic phenomena with their energetic aspects and to show how to pass, starting from the fundamental concepts of electromagnetism, to the design of an electric machine. This approach is presented on the example of the synchronous machine and illustrated by the various uses of this machine. This approach will be generalized to other types of electric motors in order to design electrical models that can be used for speed variation.
Electromagnetic energy, force and power, actuator, conversion structures, frequency-power, synchronous machine, alternator, network, motor, electrical behaviour models, control
- Introduction: historical aspects and background of converter design.
- Force and mechanical power in electromagnetic systems
- Conversion structures
- Constitution of a synchronous machine
- Technological aspects
- Electrical models
- Control and command in the main applications.
- Adapt the fundamental concepts of electromagnetism into terms of designing an electrical machine.
- Adapt this approach to the synchronous machine.
- Create electromagnetic models of different levels from constructive data.
- Analyse an electrical model of an electromechanical converter in view of its control and or command.
Final mark = 70% knowledge + 30% know-how Mark knowledge = 100% final test Mark know-how = 50% practical work + 50% autonomous work