The jury of the Startup Challenge - Acceleration Track 2015 edition is thrilled to announce the results of the first round of the challenge.
The analysis of the 26 applications revealed that all the projects were part of the “business modeling” category. Therefore, the jury has determined the names of the three shortlisted teams of this one (and only) category for this year’s edition.
Three shortlisted contestants
Startup developed by Antoine Di Tommaso (I.D.E.A Program) and Thibault Legrand (I.D.E.A. Program)
Their project: “Cy-Clope is the first waste management stream of cigarette butts. These cigarette ends can be treated and transformed in plastic and they are the most polluting waste products thrown in streets all over the world.”
Startup developed by Aymeric Agré (Centrale Lyon), Ornella Arnouts (EMLYON), François Guezengar (double degree CENTRALE LYON - EMLYON) and Guillaume Ty (Centrale Lyon)
Their project: “Gathering develops video game based environments for learning and displays them on our platform for schools and companies willing to enter into the future of training.”
Startup developed by Clément Barbier (EMLYON) and Damien Jacquet (EMLYON)
Their project: “Swings [product created by Sezam] is a facilitator for the Internet of Things, and aims at becoming an emerging standard in linking connected objects. Swings allows to link any object with another, and then analyze the data generated in a secure environment.”
The jury would like to congratulate four other teams who will not participate in the New York Forum, but whose projects caught its attention:
- Bricks: startup developed by Alexis Lemoine Iribarne (Centrale Lyon) and Sébastien Lucas
- Challenging Solutions: startup developed by Astrid Collonnier (EMLYON), Ernesto Diaz-Flores and Wesley Siebenthal
- Meilleure Visite: startup developed by Guillaume Desousa (EMLYON) and Thomas Servan (EMLYON)
- Nymphea: startup developed by Habib Diab and Dimitrios Konstantakatos (I.D.E.A. Program)
The members of the jury would also like to thank all the participants of this challenge and wish them great success in their entrepreneurial adventure. The jury was delighted by the quality of the 26 applications it received.
The three shortlisted teams will be defending their project at the final of the challenge at the New York Forum of Allyage taking place on October 2-4, 2015. At this occasion, three prizes will be awarded to the teams:
- $15.000 for the first place;
- $2.500 for the second and third places.
Members of the jury of the Startup Challenge 2015 edition:
- Jean-Pierre Altier (Centrale Lyon 70)
- Isabelle Billet (EMLYON91)
- Tobias Böcker (EMLYON - MBA14)
- Michel Coster (for EMLYON)
- Anji Ismail (EMLYON09)
- Jean-Pierre & Monique Millon (Centrale Lyon 74)
- Sylvie Mira Bonnardel (for École Centrale de Lyon)
- Patrick Peronnet (EMLYON03)
- Joe Schulmann (Centrale Lyon 70)
- Marie-Hélène Steinman (EMLYON95)